Join our team of extraordinary people who combine innovation and science to create the chemistry known as Innovative Skincare (featuring the iS Clinical cosmeceutical brand).
The chemistry isn’t just with our skincare, it is also with our people. There is a science behind our people, as well: the perfect combination of work experience and cultural fit. And it is this philosophy that continues to propel our brand forward, year-over-year and employee-to-employee. We take great pride in creating an environment where there is an unspoken energy – built on passion, dedication, and love – that makes Innovative Skincare so much more than can be put into words. Your skin...our science...pure chemistry.
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter to join our growing marketing team and bring the Innovative Skincare story to life across multiple mediums. The ideal candidate will be a conceptual thinker and brand storyteller who is able to develop content pillars and deliver on the skincare expertise of our brand to engage, inform, educate, and inspire our audiences.
As the Copywriter, you are responsible for producing editorial for a variety of projects across our business, including product names, packaging copy, emails, digital and social assets, video, visual merchandising, and other marketing collateral. The ideal candidate will have superior creative writing abilities, and excellent organizational skills, with a strong focus on attention to detail. The Copywriter contributes to the Artistic Direction team by executing on-brand language for all categories of the business.
- $65,000 – $70,000; depends on experience
- Write for a variety of formats, including print, digital, social, packaging, and more.
- Emulate the Company’s brand tone and voice – in whatever channel or medium it sits
- Research and understand consumer needs, competitors, industry trends, and market insights
- Think analytically, build from internal consumer performance data, test, and learn to build on our success
- Collaborate with the marketing, education, creative and other cross functional teams’ members to build and execute strategic messaging across platforms
- An open-minded collaborator able work cross-functionally with all departments
- Motivated to learn from skin care experts and professionals and write educationally driven skin care content
- Proofread, edit, and refine internal communications materials with an eye for detail
- 3-5 years of professional copywriting experience, preferably in a clinical skincare/beauty capacity
- Whether agency or in-house experience, a strong portfolio required
- A track record of hitting strategic initiatives in brand voice, tone, and direction
- Experience collaborating with art directors, designers, and multiple stakeholders
- A passion for the health and wellness or CPG industry, preferably in skincare and/or beauty
- Ability to learn from expert professional estheticians and build on success
- Attentive to the performance and optimization of creative output
- A history of handling multiple projects, managing time, and generally being proactive
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional writing experience (agency, in-house, or freelance), with a robust portfolio of work
- A firm grasp of English, including advanced grammar skills
- Exceptional research, detail-orientation, organization, and time management abilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Previous clinical skincare of personal care product marketing experience
- Proficiency with content management systems (CMSs)
- Knowledge of basic search engine optimization (SEO) principles
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, English, communications, or a related discipline